Santa Clara County Urgency Ordinance (regarding rent)
County Supervisors voted 5-0 in favor of an urgency ordinance temporarily banning evictions for non-payment of rent by residential and commercial property tenants in Santa Clara County directly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. In addition, it gives tenants 120 days after May 31 to pay back rent. Click Here to read the full ordinance.
Questions related specifically to businesses? Email the County at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SBA Guidance & Loan Resources - outlines the 4 types of loans available
- EIDL Loan - Application portal
- SBA Press Release on PPP (Payroll Protection Program) - provides the broad outlines of the new PPP, a program just enacted on March 27 as part of the CARES Act.
- SBA details about the PPP
- SBA link to PPP Application Form
- PPP Lender Finder
- PPP Loan Calculator
SBDC California - Small Business Development Center - all forms and resources in one place!
US Treasury Department - Information about PPP, including overview, application, lender finder and more.
California Labor & Workforce Development Agency - information on resources for employers and employees
- COVID-19 Unemployment Benefits Guide
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance - for business owners and self-employed
Employee Rights Poster - must be posted
US Chamber of Commerce Resources
Town of Los Gatos: links to assistance to residents and business, volunteer links, financial assistance links and more
Additional Resources for Businesses & Nonprofit Organizations
- The State of California’s Employment Development Department has programs to help both employers and employees deal with the costs of illness, caring for ill family members, shorter hours and closures. Employers can request an extension on their payroll reports and payroll taxes.
- The California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GoBiz) has compiled information for employers and employees related to COVID-19.
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation (SVCF) has established 3 funds to provide assistance to residents, small businesses, and non-profit organizations within Santa Clara County impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
- SVCF’s COVID-19 Regional Response Fund is working with Destination:Home in Santa Clara County to support individuals and families impacted by COVID-19. Click here and select “Santa Clara County: Destination:Home” to provide support to individuals and families who are suffering from the economic impact of lost wages and other COVID-19 impacts in our community.
- SVCF’s Small Business Relief Fund will provide critical loan and grant funding to small business owners struggling with the impacts of COVID-19. Click here to make a donation to this fund.
- SVCF’s Regional Nonprofit Emergency Fund is providing flexible operating support grants to nonprofit organizations providing emergency-related services or facing unexpected costs due to the COVID-19 pandemic, such as increased sick days for staff, event cancelations, and costs related to hygiene supplies. Click here and select “Santa Clara County” to donate to impacted non-profits in our community. Nonprofit organizations can apply here to become eligible for receipt of these donated funds.
- Business Owner Space Partners is a City of San José -led team of more than 30 programs that help small businesses. Partners offer free or low-cost mentoring, classes, and other support on many topics including access to capital, business planning, marketing, and legal issues.
- The Centers for Disease Control has a dedicated page for businesses on COVID-19-related information.
Other Loan Sources
Webinars10 Steps to Reopening Your Business with Los Gatos DocsCovid-19 Employment Law Update -Presented by Sweeney Mason LLP - April 10Small Business Assistance in Response to Covid-19Presented by SBA and SBDC
Congresswoman Anna Eshoo's Small Business Webinar - April 9
Listowel, Ireland Zoom Meeting - May 7